What should I do when I suffer a maritime injury?

If you suffer a maritime injury, it’s important that you don’t delay. Inform your supervisor and fill out an incident report. With the exception of that report, don’t sign anything offered by your employer until it can be reviewed first by a personal injury lawyer. If you are able, photograph the immediate scene. If you can’t, see if a trusted co-worker can do so for you. Of course, you should seek medical treatment immediately.

Then, as soon as you are physically able, you’ll want to contact an attorney and put in a claim while memories of the incident are still fresh as well as to document your injuries. This is also important because statute of limitation laws will apply. If you miss the window of time to legally put in a claim, you may lose out on any compensation whatsoever.

There are certainly plenty of general practice law firms in the area, but if you need a maritime injury lawyer Houston area residents consistently point to Cobos Law Firm as the best in the business.

When you contact Cobos Law Firm, we arrange a free case review with a skilled and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who will help you understand your rights.

Leave a Reply