Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Attorney: Should I Call the Police When I Have Been in a Car Accident?

Yes. We highly recommend calling a police officer to the scene of an accident, no matter how minor or major the accident is. You have the right to call the police whether the other driver agrees or not.

When the police arrive, they will begin the crash report and take a statement from everyone involved. This includes any witnesses to the accident. It is important to be detailed in your answers and cooperative with the officers. Make sure all injuries or damages are made known to the officer.

After collecting all the statements, the officer will usually determine which driver is at fault. The officer will give you an accident report number and their contact information. It is imperative to keep this information saved as it will be crucial for your case.

Call us at 713-234-5860 to speak with someone about your car accident claim!

Leave a Reply